Wednesday, August 10, 2016

You Color My World

Hello there!  This is my second post for today so if you are looking for my Color Throwdown post please see the post below this.  The card I'm sharing a card I made for the current Lawnscaping Challenge #135 which is all about adding pattern to your card.
I'm not so sure that I really like the way this card came out, I had an idea that I wanted a window of color on my card where the remaining portion of the scene would be almost colorless.  Almost like spotlighting the main images on the card with color.  I used the Lawn Fawn stamp set Fairy Friends and for my sentiment I used the LF set Starry Backdrops.  I added pattern by using some polka dot gray designer papers and die cut them using the LF stitched hills dies.  I used Copic markers to color my scene and some tumbled glass distress ink to blend my blue sky.  I used some yellow stickles on the fairy's wand and the center of the orange flower and some Wink of Stella glitter on the fairies wings and dress.
Thank you for your visit and have a nice day!

Pin It

2 comments:

Karin Åkesdotter said...

Oh My Lynn - this is so super adorable! Love your card! Great take on our patterned paper challenge! Love, Karin

Christiana said...

What an awesome card! I love how you even got the grass lined up on the layers. Not sure how you did that, but it really adds to the finished look. Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping!