Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Celebrate Today - (CTD450)

Happy Wednesday!  It's time for this week's Color Throwdown Challenge!  Before I get to my card, I'd like to welcome this month's CTD Guest Designer, Tracey McNeely .
For my card, I used the Papertrey Ink stamp set, Quilted:Summer along with the coordinating dies to create a birthday card for my mom's birthday which is today.  I started out with a white card base, then added a piece of pacific blue cardstock along the bottom which I had embossed using the PTI plaid impressions plate.  Next I stamped my sentiment from the PTI Think Big Favorites #3 onto a MFT Essential Fishtail Sentiment Strip and adhered that to the bottom of my card.  After that, I added a MFT Stitched Mini Scallop Square with a red piece of cardstock in the center.  Then I added my die cut and stamped quilt pieces which I stamped in red, daffodil, and pacific blue and popped up my quilt piece with foam tape.  For a little detail, I die cut some PTI flower buttons and strung a piece of red and white bakers twine through the center and added that to the center of my quilted piece.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams' blog links below OR you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and you can see all the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Wanda Cullen
Tracey McNeely - July Guest Designer


Thanks so much for stopping by!
Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.

3 comments:

Lin said...

Gorgeous, Lynn, bright and happy for summer! I have many of these products, and it's good to see that the scalloped square works so nicely with the quilt square! Love the flower button center!

Angela Walters said...

I love everything about this card! I love quilt dies (had to have this one when it came out!) but the colors you chose make this set absolutely shine! Whoever receives it is going to be thrilled!

Mendi Yoshikawa said...

I'm in love with the colors! Such a cute card! :)